Friday, February 12, 2010

Little Moments



I sit beside her on the sofa. We are watching Elmo's World while she is eating dinner. She is exhausted from a day of Valentine partying at school, but refuses to go to bed before her designated hour.

Dinner is chicken nuggets and green peas. I chuckle as I watch her diligently separate the peas from the chicken. I don't know where she got that from. Certainly not me, I mix it all together and her father? Nope, he isn't like that either, but this little person is very serious that her food should not touch – yet another way she reminds me of how much of an individual she is.

In the past year as I watch her learn to walk, talk and communicate, I grow even more fascinated by the person she is becoming – confident with no fear.

I am not sure where I meant to go with this. It's just a little moment with her.

0 comments on "Little Moments"